- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup sliced yellow onions
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 ounces oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Basic Savory Pie Crust
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and zucchini and cook, stirring, for 6 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until the liquid is rendered and the vegetables are wilted, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, and thyme and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and half-and-half together. Add the salt, pepper, grated Gruyere, and crushed red pepper.
- Spoon the vegetable mixture into the prepared piecrust, pour in the egg mixture, and crumble the goat cheese on top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until set. Remove from the oven and let cool for 30 minutes before serving.