- 12 ounces linguine pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces hot sausage, removed from its casings and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, cut into thin 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, cut into thin 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons Essence
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 pounds small raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes for dry pasta. Drain in a colander. Return to the pot and toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Cover and keep warm while finishing the recipe.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large saute pan, cook the sausage over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Pour off the fat from the pan.
- Heat the oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers and shallots and cook, stirring, until just soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, green onions, and 1 tablespoon of the Essence, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Deglaze with white wine and cook until almost completely reduced. Add the shrimp and sprinkle with the remaining 2 teaspoons of the Essence. Cook, stirring, until the shrimp are just pink, about 1 minute. Add the lemon juice and cream and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring until starting to thicken, about 1 minute. Add the cooked pasta, cheese, and parsley, and toss to combine. Cook until the pasta is heated through and well coated, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Divide among 4 pasta bowls, garnish with additional chopped green onions, and serve.
Seafood Stew With Sausage, Tomatoes, Herbs And Wine
Cheese Stuffed Homemade Sausages With Poached Eggs And Tasso Cream Sauce
Anise Biscotti With Lemon Ice Cream
Cornmeal Crusted Redfish With A Spicy Red Bean Sauce, Grilled Green Onions Coulis, Homemade Andouille Sausage And Southern Style Hush Puppies
Lamb Stew With Herbes De Provence
Grilled Fillet Of Beef With Blue Cheese Glacage, With Bacon And Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes And A Drizzle Of Emeril's Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Seared Chile Marinated Breast Of Chicken With Mole Cream Sauce And Tamarind Glaze
Gazpacho With Mashed Avocado And Smoked Seafood
Vermicelli With Citrus Cream Sauce And Radicchio
Lemon Ice Cream