- APRICOT GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 boneless duck breasts
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 3 Braeburn or Gala apples, cored and cut into eighths
- 1/4 cup Calvados or apple cider
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- To make the glaze, in a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened and reduced almost by half, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Score the fat on the duck breasts, making a diamond pattern. Season the duck on all sides with the Essence, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 tesapoon of the pepper. To a hot saute pan, add duck, skin side down and cook until fat is rendered and skin is crispy, about 5 minutes. Turn the duck over and brush with the apricot glaze, cook another 5 minutes, for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until almost caramelized, about 6 minutes. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and when melted, add the sugar and cook until melted. Add the apples, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of the black pepper, and cook until caramelized, about 10 to 12 minutes. Add the Calvados and thyme to the apples, and cook, scraping with a wooden spoon to deglaze the pan.
- Remove from the heat and keep warm until ready to serve. Serve the duck with the caramelized apples and the remaining apricot glaze.
Seared Magret Duck Breasts With Duck Fat, Pan-roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Haricots Verts And A Balsamic Cherry Reduction
Sausage And Rice Stuffed Chicken Legs With Apricot Glaze
Duck Breasts With Cherries And Rose Sparkling Wine Reduction With Nutty Wild Rice
Seared Muscovy Duck Breast, Baby Arugula, Radicchio, Endive, Walnut And Goat Cheese Salad With Diced Fuji Apples And Blackberry Vinaigrette
Pan-roasted Duck Breasts With Apple Cider Reduction
Citrus And Tea-glazed Duck With Savory Wild Mushroom Pudding
Apricot Glazed Cornish Game Hens With Sausage Rice Pilaf Stuffing
Emeril's Grilled Pork Tenderloin With Apple Cider Glaze And A Creole Mustard Reduction Sauce
Seared Chile Marinated Breast Of Chicken With Mole Cream Sauce And Tamarind Glaze
Seared Duck Breasts With A Citrus Tea Sauce