- 2 (15-ounce) cans white beans such as Cannellini, Navy, or Great Northern
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onions
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne
- 1/3 cup very finely grated Parmesan, or crumbled goat cheese
- 1 1/2 cups fresh parsley leaves
- Toasted pita bread triangles or 1/2-inch thick lightly toasted French bread
- Place the beans in a colander and rinse under cold running water. Drain.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the garlic and cook until soft and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the drained beans, 4 teaspoons of the lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, the black pepper and cayenne, and cook, stirring, until softened and warmed through, 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and transfer to a decorative platter. Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- In a blender or bowl of a small food processor, combine the parsley, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a blender or small food processor. Process on high speed for 30 seconds. Add the remaining 1/3 cup oil with the motor running and process until smooth. Adjust seasoning, to taste.
- Drizzle the parsley pesto over the beans and serve with the toast for dipping.
Cannellini Bean Salad With Parsley Pesto
Fennel, Orange, Spinach, And Olive Salad With Shaved Parmesan
Pasta Salad With Arugula Pesto, Grilled Chicken Breasts, And Feta
Venison Medallions With A Smoked Bacon And White Bean Ragout With A Creole Mustard Sauce
Cold Puree Of White Bean Soup With A Crispy Pancetta And Creole Tomato Relish
Grilled Lamb Patties With A White Bean And Mint Relish
Creole Crusted Rib Eye Steak With Dirty White Beans
Seared Salmon With A Wild Mushroom And White Bean Ragout And A Merlot Reduction Sauce
Crispy Sweetbreads With White Bean Ragout
Slow Cooked White Beans With Pan Fried Pork Chops And Caramelized Onions