- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup long-grain rice
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- Powdered sugar
- Steenís Pure Cane Syrup, optional
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil with the salt. Add the rice and cook until it is soft and slightly mushy, about 30 minutes.
- In a bowl dissolve the yeast in the 1/2 cup warm water. Add the rice and stir well to mix. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm, draft-free place for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar, flour and cinnamon, and fold into the rice mixture to make a thick batter. Let rise, covered, in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil to 360 degrees F. Drop the batter by tablespoonfuls into the hot oil and cook, turning, until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, and drizzle with Steenís syrup, if desired.
Rice And Pecan Griddle Cakes
Kicked Up Fried Rice With Shrimp And Crabmeat
Rice Pudding With Rum Raisins And Sugared Almonds
Rice Fritters Creole Calas
Perfect Poached Eggs
Chicken Andouille Hash With Poached Eggs And Sauce Piquante
Smoked Duck Hash With Poached Eggs And Woodland Cream
Smoked Salmon Potato Hash With Poached Eggs And Caviar