- 2-pound eye of the round roast, tied with string
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large carrots, washed and cut into chunks at an angle
- 2 celery ribs, washed and cut into chunks at an angle
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup dry vermouth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour mixed in 1/2 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Season the roast with salt and pepper. Add the olive oil to an ovenproof pan and bring to a high heat. Brown the roast on all sides, then remove it from the pan. Add the vermouth and stir to loosen all brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Return the roast to the pan and arrange the carrots, celery and onion around the roast. Roast for about 30 minutes (until the temperature reaches 115 degrees for rare or 125 degrees for medium). Transfer the roast to a large serving platter and let it rest to a few minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and skim the fat from the pan juices. Bring the pan juices to a boil and add the flour and water mixture, stirring until the gravy thickens slightly, about 30 seconds. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- To serve, slice the roast in thin slices and place on a platter surrounded with the carrots, celery and onions. Pour the sauce over the top.
Roast Rosemary Chicken And Vegetables
Roasted Eggplants, Peppers & Goat Cheese With Balsamic Thyme Vinaigrette
Jalapeno Grilled Quail With Texas Red Grape Grapefruit Jelly Glaze
Down Home Pork Chops
Pear, Walnut And Romaine Salad With Balsamic Vinegar
Roast Pork Loin With Rosemary
Herbed Pan Roast Of Salmon
Smothered Round Steak & Gravy
Lobster With Champagne Vanilla Sauce
Seared Duck Breasts With A Citrus Tea Sauce