- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, headed but unpeeled
- Creole seasoning to taste
- 2 dozen small (3 to 5 inches) squid with head, tentacles, membranes, spines removed
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 2 cups toasted breadcrumbs (wild rice may be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Kick It Up green pepper sauce
- Warm the olive oil to a tangy aroma over medium heat in deep, covered pan. Add the shrimp and season lightly with Creole seasoning. Cover the pan and cook until shrimp are a deep, rose color and the onions are translucent. Remove the onions and shrimp and set aside to cool. Add the squid to the pan and simmer no more than 20 minutes, stirring and flipping occasionally while preparing the stuffing.
- To make the stuffing, peel the shrimp, then chop and mix with the breadcrumbs or wild rice in large bowl. Season to taste.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the squid to cool. Stuff the squid with the shrimp mixture.
- Warm the squid over low fire in uncovered pan, garnish with leftover stuffing and serve.