- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baby Bam
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 small loaf (about 10 inches long) French bread
- 1/3 pound mild Cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- Place a small piece of aluminum foil on the bottom of a toaster oven and preheat to 350?F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, Baby Bam, and garlic with a small whisk or fork.
- Split the bread in half lengthwise and spread with the seasoned butter.
- Layer the cheese on top of the buttered bread to cover evenly.
- Bake until the cheese is bubbly and the edges are golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the loaf from the oven and place on a cutting board.
- Cut into 1-inch-thick slices and serve.
- Be careful when slicing the hot loaf! Hot cheese can stick to you and burn. Have an adult help you here.