- 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- One-third teaspoon salt (omit if salted peanuts are used)
- Dry measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Food processor or blender
- Rubber spatula
- FOOD PROCESSOR METHOD: Place the ingredients in the container and close. Plug in.
- Process for 3 to 5 minutes. (The ground peanuts will form a ball that will slowly lose its shape.) Stop the machine. Scrape the sides of container with a rubber spatula.
- Start the machine. Continue processing until the mixture is a smooth paste.
- BLENDER METHOD: Place the ingredients in a blender. Close lid. Push the button to blend. Let blend several minutes. Turn the blender off.
- Remove the lid. Use a rubber spatula to scrape mixture from the blender sides to the bottom. Close lid and continue blending until the mixture is a smooth paste.