- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- Three-fourths cup granulated sugar
- Three-fourths packed cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Two and one-fourth cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- One-half teaspoon baking soda
- One-half teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts (mix 2 of your favorites, half and half, pecans, walnuts, almonds, macadamias)
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar, vanilla, and the egg. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in another bowl. Add to the creamed butter and sugar mixture. Stir just until the dough is stiff. Stir in the nuts and chocolate. Form the cookies using 2 soup spoons and place them 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake until light brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven. Cool slightly, then remove with a spatula and cool completely on wire racks.