- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chestnut flour
- Scant 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 7 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 12 apples, such as Golden Delicious
- Juice of 2 lemons, or 1/4 cup
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup chestnut honey
- In a large bowl combine chestnut flour, wheat flour, milk, eggs and 3 tablespoons of the melted butter and stir until thoroughly combined and smooth. Add more milk as needed to make a thin batter. Let rest, chilled, for 30 minutes.
- Peel, core and thinly slice apples. In a large bowl toss apples with lemon juice. In a very large skillet melt 3 tablespoons of the remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add the apples and sugar and cook until the apples are soft and caramelized, 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. (You may have to do this in batches.)
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter. Heat a small skillet or crepe pan until hot and brush lightly with some of the melted butter. Pour crepe batter into skillet in 1/4 cup amounts and swirl to evenly coat pan bottom. Cook until crepe is golden brown on bottom, 1 to 2 minutes, then flip with a spatula and cook until lightly browned on the second side, about 30 seconds. Transfer the crepe to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter until all crepes are made.
- Assemble the dessert by alternating layers of crepes with layers of the caramelized apples until all apples and crepes are used. Warm honey in a small saucepan and drizzle over the top of the crepe cake. Cut cake into wedges and serve warm, drizzled with any remaining honey.