- 2 (1-inch) slices zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 2 (1-inch) slices yellow squash, sliced lengthwise
- 2 (1-inch) slices of eggplant, sliced lengthwise
- Drizzle olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cups roasted pecan pieces
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 whole lemons, skin and pith removed
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 pound butter, cubed and cold
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 4 (6-8 ounces) Trigger Fish fillets, dressed
- 2 large Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into shoestrings
- EMERILíS CREOLE SEASONING:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Preheat the fryer.
- Season the vegetables with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the vegetables on a roasting pan and roast for 10 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the oven and cool completely. Medium dice the vegetables and set aside. In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Sauté the roasted vegetables, 1 1/2 cups of the pecans, and garlic for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the green onions and keep warm.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine the Worcestershire sauce, lemons and bay leaves. Bring the liquid up to a simmer and cook until it reduces by two-thirds, about 4 minutes. Whisk in the butter, 1 cube at a time, until all of the butter is incorporated. The sauce should be thick and coat the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat and strain through a fine mesh sieve. Keep the sauce warm.
- In a food processor, combine the remaining 1 1/2 cups of the pecans, bread crumbs, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Process until fully incorporated. Remove and season with Creole seasoning.
- Season the fillets with the Creole seasoning. In a large, ovenproof sauté pan, heat the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the fillets, pretty side down first. Sauté the fillets for 4 minutes on the first side and carefully flip over. Cover the top of each fillet with a quarter of the pecan crust. Place in the oven and cook for 5 minutes.
- Fry the potatoes until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the potatoes and drain on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon the sauce in the center and around the rim of each plate. Mound the shoestrings in the center of each plate. Place 3 piles of the relish around the shoestrings of each plate. Gently lay each fillet on the pile of shoestring potatoes. Garnish with parsley.
- EMERIL’S CREOLE SEASONING: Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Yield: 2/3 cup
Andouille Crusted Redfish With A Roasted Pecan Vegetable Relish, Meuniere Sauce And A Pile Of Shoestring Potatoes
Pecan Crusted Lemonfish With Lemon Butter Sauce And Pecan Crab Relish
Pecan-crusted Fish With Pecan Crab Relish
Black Pepper Crusted Sea Scallops With A Crab Meat And Fiddlehead Fern Relish With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Potato Crusted Gulf Fish With A Grilled Mushroom Relish
Crabmeat Stuffed Pompano With Roasted Baby Leeks And A Parsley Garlic Butter Sauce
Paneed Pork Loin And Mashed Root Vegetables With A Roasted Cipollini And Field Pea Relish
Seared Crab Cake With Corn Relish, Roasted Tomato And Pepper Coulis
Trout With Pecan Meuniere Sauce
Pompano With Potato Crust And Roasted Red Pepper Sauce