- 4 raw lobster tails, shell removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 mirliton
- 2 cups assorted baby lettuces
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fresh Haas avocado, peeled and small diced
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1 cup RAVIGOTE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
- *1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Prepare the smoker according to manufacturer’s directions. Season the lobster meat with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in the smoker and close the lid tightly. Smoke the lobster until the meat turns completely white and tail curls up tightly. Remove from the smoker and cool completely.
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the skin of the mirlitons. Split in half and remove the core. Slice mirlitons into thin slices. Then cut each slice into 1-inch matchsticks. Dice the lobster meat. In a mixing bowl, toss the lobster meat and mirlitons with the ravigote sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. In a small mixing bowl, toss the diced avocados with a squeeze of the lemon juice and salt.
- To assemble, in a small mixing bowl, toss the greens with a drizzle of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place a small amount of the lobster mixture in the bottom of each parfait or wine glass. Place some of the greens over the lobster mixture. Continue layering until all of the lobster and greens are used. Have the final layer be the lobster mixture. Top each parfait with the diced avocados. Serve immediately.
- Yields: 4 servings
- RAVIGOTE SAUCE: Put the onion, mustard, lemon juice, parsley, egg, salt and cayenne in a food processor or blender and blend for 30 seconds. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the vegetable oil, the mixture will thicken slightly. Check seasoning.
- *RAW EGG WARNING The American Egg Board states: "There have been warnings against consuming raw or lightly cooked eggs on the grounds that the egg may be contaminated with Salmonella, a bacteria responsible for a type of food poisoning....Healthy people need to remember that there is a very small risk and treat eggs and other raw animal foods accordingly. Use only properly refrigerated, clean, sound-shelled, fresh, grade AA or A eggs. Avoid mixing yolks and whites with the shell."
Fresh Swordfish With An Olive Tomato Sauce And Crispy Calamari
Grilled Shrimp Boudin With Crispy Mirlitons And A Classic Remoulade Sauce
Shrimp Etouffee With Steamed Rice And Fried Mirliton Strips
Ma Ma's Mirliton, Shrimp And Crabmeat Casserole
Lobster, Leek And Corn Risotto With Mussels, Oysters And Dulse
Lobster And Chips
Emeril's Kicked Up Stovetop Clam Bake With Lobsters, Mussels, Potatoes, Artichokes, And Sausages
Grilled Lobster Tails with a Ruby Red Grapefruit And Tarragon Vinaigrette
Delmonico's Smoked Salmon And Brie Crepes With Herbsaint Butter Sauce And Crispy Spinach
Potato And Watercress Soup With Crisp Potato Pancakes And Smoked Salmon