- 1/4 cup clarified butter or vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 small green peppers, (such as jalapeno or Serrano), stems and seeds removed, minced
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pound green beans, tough ends removed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a large saute pan, heat the butter over medium-high heat. Add the garlic slivers, peppers, turmeric, cumin and cayenne, and cook, stirring, until the garlic beings to turn golden, about 2 minutes. Add the green beans, water and salt, and stir well.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the beans are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the sesame seeds and cook uncovered, stirring, until toasted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and adjust seasoning to taste. Serve hot.
Spicy Green Beans With Garlic
Mesclun Greens With Creamy Garlic Dressing And Roasted Garlic Crouton With Parmigiano-reggiano Cheese
Cornmeal Crusted Redfish With A Spicy Red Bean Sauce, Grilled Green Onions Coulis, Homemade Andouille Sausage And Southern Style Hush Puppies
Garlic Mojito Sorbet With Spicy Honey Garlic Brittle
Baked Sea Trout With Green Market Potatoes And Vegetables With Green Garlic Lovage Sauce
Barbecued Oysters With Spicy Garlic Butter
Beer Battered Fried Okra Stuffed With Crabmeat And A Spicy Green Onion Dipping Sauce
Cool'n Spicy Green Tomato Soup With Crab And Country Ham
Kicked Up Corn Dogs With Spicy Green Onion Dipping Sauce
Hot N' Spicy Green Tomato Soup With Crispy Pancetta