- 8 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground lamb
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Emerilís Original Essence
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 1/2 pound)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1/4 cup of the oil. Add the lamb and cook, stirring, until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Add the onions, garlic, salt, Essence, pepper and nutmeg, and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the oregano, stir well, and transfer to a large bowl. Add the cheese and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 375?F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Lay the phyllo on the counter and cover with a damp kitchen cloth or damp paper towels. Place 4 sheets of phyllo on the counter in front of you, and re-cover the remaining sheets. Brush the top sheet with 2 tablespoons of the oil. With a knife, cut the sheets in half lengthwise and then in half again, leaving 4 piles of phyllo, each about 3-inches wide. Working with 1 pile of phyllo, cover the remaining pieces. Place about 1/4 cup of the filling along the bottom of the phyllo.
- Bring up the bottom edge over the filling, then fold into a triangle (like folding a flag) to form a triangular package. Tuck the ends under and seal with oil. Place the filled packages on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve 1 or 2 phyllo triangles per person.
Greek Lamb Phyllo Triangles
Chinese Egg Fu Yung
White Bean Puree Phyllo Cup With An Asian Slaw
Kicked-up Smoked Salmon And Scallop Koulibiaca With Spinach And Black Truffles Wrapped In Phyllo W/truffle Beurre Blanc
Warm Porcini Mushroom Flan With Wild Mushroom Confit,truffle Emulsion And Crispy Phyllo Threads
Nno Spanakopita Phyllo Packages
Phyllo Fruit Stacks
Rosemary Lamb Skewers With A White Bean And Tomato Ragu'