- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 12 Roma plum tomatoes, halved, stems removed and seeded (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cups thinly sliced yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 10 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly coat the sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Place on a baking sheet and roast until fork tender, turning once, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Toss the tomato halves with 1 tablespoon of the oil and spread in one layer on a baking sheet. Lightly season with salt and pepper, and bake until shriveled, 20 minutes.
- Remove both the potatoes and tomatoes from the oven.
- Peel the potatoes when cool enough to handle and set aside
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a small stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the curry powder toast until aromatic, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add the onions and cook until soft, 3 minutes. Add the garlic, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Season with the cayenne, then add the peanut butter, and stir well. Add the tomatoes, peeled potatoes, chicken stock, and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat, and puree with a hand-held immersion blender, or in batches in a blender or food processor.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve hot.
Senegalese Peanut Soup
African Peanut Soup
Papa's Island Pig Feet Soup With Wild Mountain Mushrooms, Mustard Cabbage, Peanuts And Ginger
Mal Mal's Peanut Butter Cookies
Whole Lotta Nuts Granola
Caramelized Walnut, Goat Cheese And Arugula Salad
Pine Nut And Spinach Tart
Pistachio Ice Cream
Spicy Peanut Sauce
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pie