- 4 small garlic cloves
- 8 egg yolks
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Dash Crystal Hot sauce
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large heads romaine lettuce, washed, ribbed and patted dry
- Oil, for frying
- 3 dozen large freshly shucked oysters
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup masa flour
- 12 ounces homemade croutons
- 3 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, peeled into long strips
- CREOLE SEASONING:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Preheat the fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Rub the inside of a large wooden bowl, with the garlic cloves. Remove the garlic cloves, and finely chop. Add the egg yolk, garlic, anchovies and mustard to the bowl. Whisk until all of the ingredients are incorporated. Whisk in the lemon juice. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, while whisking constantly. Whisk until all of the ingredients are incorporated. Season the dressing with salt and pepper. Gently tear the lettuce into bit-size portions and add the salad bowl.
- Have ready a pot of hot oil, for frying. Season the oysters with Creole seasoning. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour and masa. Season with Creole seasoning. Dredge the oysters in the seasoned flour, coating completely. Fry in batches until crispy and golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the oysters and drain on paper towels. Season with Creole seasoning.
- Toss the salad and dressing well. Add the croutons. Toss well. Mound the salad in the center of each serving plate. Arrange the oysters around the salad and garnish with the cheese.
- CREOLE SEASONING: Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Yield: 2/3 cup
Fried Oyster Salad With Pernod Buttermilk Dressing
Crispy Fried Whole Fish With Bacon-potato Salad
Oyster Rockefeller Soup Garnished With Crispy Bacon And Fried Oysters
Hugo's Bbq Shrimp With Blue Cheese Slaw
Delmonico's Dry Age Rib-eyes With Emeril's Worcestershire Sauce
Emeril's Warm Peach Pancakes With Vanilla Bean Ice Cream And A Drizzle Of Warm Caramel Sauce
Fried Fish Fingers With Tartar Sauce
It's A Fish Fry
Sayoudeiah: Lebanese Fried Fish With Tarator Sauce And Rice
Clancy's Fried Oysters With Brie