- Creole seasoning
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 half chickens, (breast bone removed)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups yellow onions, julienned
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 turns fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound ground andouille or other smoked sausage
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 ear sweet corn, kernels removed from the cob
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices French Bread, 1 inch cubed white bread, about 4 cups
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 recipe Southern Cooked Greens
- Preheat the grill. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the Creole seasoning and the oil. Mix well. Smear the mixture evenly over each chicken. Place on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Set aside.
- Grease a 2 quart glass rectangular pan with 1 tablespoon butter. In a large saute pan, over medium-high heat, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, about 1 minute. Add the onions, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, and 12 turns black pepper and saute for 6 minutes. Add the sausage and continue to cook for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and corn. Continue to cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and cool. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs for 30 seconds. Add the heavy cream, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, hot pepper sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk the mixture until fully incorporated. Stir in the sauteed sausage mixture. Add the bread cubes and mix well. Pour the filling into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the pudding with the grated cheese. Bake for 55 minutes. During the last 20 minutes of cooking, move the pudding down to the bottom rack and place the chicken on the middle rack.
- Roast the chicken for 20 minutes. Remove both from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. To serve, spoon the pudding in the center of each plate. Place the greens next to the pudding. Lay the chicken directly on top of the pudding.
Roasted Chicken Stuffed With Andouille And Corn Bread Pudding
Cornmeal Crusted Redfish With A Spicy Red Bean Sauce, Grilled Green Onions Coulis, Homemade Andouille Sausage And Southern Style Hush Puppies
Yellowedge Grouper With Savory Sweet Corn Pudding, Oyster Mushroom Vinaigrette And Petite Greens
Whole Hot Sauced Fried Chickens With Floís Potato Salad And Southern Cooked Greens
Crispy Catfish And Black Eyed Peas, Bacon And Caramelized Onion Relish With Fried Collard Greens
Pork Roulade With Andouille Corn Bread Stuffing, Sage Jus, And Mango Chutney
Tequila Marinated Shrimp Pizza With Chorizo, Onions, Bell Peppers, And Cilantro Pesto
Tender Roast Chicken With Chestnut Corn Bread Dressing
Cinnamon Smoked Venison Medallions With Bourbon Mash Sweet Potatoes And A Caramelized Onion Gravy
The King's Creole Fried Pork Chops With Mashed Sweet Potatoes And Southern Cooked Greens