- 4 boneless rib eye steaks, each 1 inch thick (10 ounces each)
- 5 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 cups sliced assorted fresh wild mushrooms, such as shiitakes, chanterelles, oysters, or black trumpet mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut up
- Sprinkle each steak all over with 1 teaspoon of the Essence. Pound in once or twice with the side of a heavy knife or the palm of your hand.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil is very hot, add the steaks and sear them on the first side for about 4 minutes. Turn the steaks and sear the second side for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, onions, green onions, garlic, salt, pepper, and the remaining 1 teaspoon Essence and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn the steaks back to the first side, dot with the butter pats, cover the skillet, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- To serve, place 1 steak on each of 4 plates and cover each with 3/4 cup mushrooms and their juices.
Lobster With Champagne Vanilla Sauce And Wild Mushroom Salad
Quail Milton With Wild Mushroom Andouille Duxelles And Port Wine Sauce
Veal With Artichokes And Wild Mushrooms
Fried Wild Mushroom Salad With Wild Mushroom Dressing
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With Green Onion Coulis
Escolar Stew With Saffron Broth And Wild Mushrooms
Wild Mushroom Andouille Duxelles
Wild Mushroom Boxes
Wild Mushroom Salad Dressing
Wild Mushrooms, Tasso, And Angel Hair Pasta