- 3/4 Lemon Dill Sauce
- 3/4 cup peeled and diced potato (about 1 medium), boiled until firm-tender and drained
- 12 ounces (1 1/2 cups) chopped smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 10 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely minced red bell peppers
- Prepare the Lemon Dill Sauce, and set aside.
- Place the potatoes in a food processor and add the smoked salmon, shallots, garlic, capers, mustard, parsley, 2 1/2 teaspoons Creole Seasoning, white and black peppers, lemon juice, egg, half-and-half, and 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs, and process for about 20 seconds. Makes 2 cups.
- Gently shape the mixture into 4 cakes, using 1/2 cup of the mixture per cake. Donít pack the cakes too firmly or theyíll be too heavy.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cup bread crumbs with the remaining 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning in a bowl. Dredge and redredge each salmon cake in the seasoned crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Fry the cakes in the hot oil until golden brown, for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
- While the cakes are frying, reheat the sauce over low heat.
- To serve, place 1 salmon cake on each of 4 plates and spoon 3 tablespoons of the Lemon Dill Sauce around the cake. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon each of the green onions and red bell peppers.
- Note: Remove the crusts from a dense, homemade-type white bread, and crumb 3 or 4 slices at a time in a food processor or blender. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Smoked Salmon Souffles With Dilly Egg Sauce And Caviar
Smoked Salmon Cheesecake With Green Onions Coulis
Lemon Dill Sauce
Smoked Salmon Potato Hash With Poached Eggs And Caviar
Smoked Duck Mousse Profiteroles With Chile Pepper Glaze
Chanterelles, Crabmeat, And Fettuccine With Lemon Butter Sauce
Pecan Crusted Lemonfish With Lemon Butter Sauce And Pecan Crab Relish
Cucumber Shrimp Soup With Dill Cream
Chocolate Pecan Cake With White Chocolate Mocha Sauce
Crawfish Cakes With Crawfish Cream