- 12 to 14 ounces lamb meat from the leg, trimmed and cubed (12-inch cubes)
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup diced peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped rutabagas (increase the carrots by 1/4 cup in you canít get rutabagas)
- 1/4 cub chopped turnips
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded, and shopped Italian plum tomatoes (1 or 2 tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups Lamb Stock or
- Brown Chicken Stock
- Season the mat with the Creole Seasoning and use your hands to coat the meat thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a large nonreactive pot over high heat. Add the seasoned lamb and sautÈ, shaking the pan to brown evenly, for about 2 minutes. Add the onions, potatoes, carrots, rutabagas, and turnips and sautÈ, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper, and stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- To serve, spoon a generous cup of the stew into each of 4 shallow bowls.
Beggarsí Purses Of Lamb, Goat Cheese, And Pine Nuts On A Bed Of Rosemary Lentils
Rack Of Lamb With Creole Mustard Crust, Rosemary Jus, And Apple Mint Relish
Stuffed Leg Of Lamb With Stewed Lentils
Herbed Lamb Patties With Creole Ratatouille And Rosemary Jus
Monster Herbed Veal Chops With Rosemary Potato Crisps And Roasted Shallot Sauce
Roast Rosemary Chicken And Vegetables
Curry Crusted Lamb Chops With Garlic Wine Sauce And Potato Shallot Custards
Lamb Shanks Braised In Wine Sauce With Mint Orzo
Portuguese Chorizo Clam Stew With Garlic Aioli
Portuguese Seafood Stew With Aioli Crostini