- 12 Aioli Crostini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound chorizo or andouille sausage, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup sliced onions, sliced vertically, then across
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, and chopped Italian plum tomatoes (about 4)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups Shrimp Stock
- 2 (about 1 pound each) live lobsters, cut in half from the head through the tail, the claws cracked with the side of a heavy knife
- 24 cherrystone or littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 16 mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 12 large headless shrimp in the shell
- Partially prepare the Aioli Crostini by doing Steps 1 and 2. Set the aioli aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pot or paella pan over high heat. Add the sausage and sautÈ for 2 minutes. Add the onions, garlic, tomatoes, cilantro, basil, Creole Seasoning, salt, pepper, and stock and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the lobster, cover, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the clams, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- After the clams go into the pot, spread the aioli on the bread slices.
- Add the mussels and shrimp to the pot, cover and simmer just until the shrimp turn pink and the mussels open, for about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- While the mussels and shrimp are cooking, bake the Aioli Crostini.
- To serve, arrange 1/2 lobster, 6 clams, 4 mussels, and 3 shrimp in each of 4 large bowls. Ladle the soup over the shellfish and garnish each serving with 3 Aioli Crostini.
Portuguese Chorizo Clam Stew With Garlic Aioli
Hildaís Portuguese Ravioli With Creole Sauce
Portuguese Piri Piri Beef On A Stick With Cilantro Potato Salad
Swordfish With Portuguese Sauce
Smoked Duck Stew With Smoked Duck Dumplings
Stuffed Leg Of Lamb With Stewed Lentils
Big Easy Seafood Okra Gumbo
Rosemary Lamb Stew
Escolar Stew With Saffron Broth And Wild Mushrooms