- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon assorted chopped fresh herbs (basil, parsley, thyme, tarragon)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- In a saucepan over high heat, combine the butter and milk, and whisk until the butter has melted and the mixture has come to a boil. Stir in the salt and pepper. Add the flour all at once and stir vigorously until the mixture comes away from the sides of the pan and forms a ball of dough. Remove from the heat and turn the mixture into the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Beat the eggs, one at a time, until each is well incorporated. Add the baking powder and herbs and beat until the herbs are thoroughly distributed.
- Using a pastry bag without a tip, squeeze 16 generous golf ball-size blobs of the dough onto the baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, smooth on the bottom, and dry inside, for about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the profiteroles to cool on a rack before filling.
Scallops Seviche In Herbed Profiteroles
Smoked Duck Mousse Profiteroles With Chile Pepper Glaze
Herbed Pan Roast Of Salmon With Warm Greens And Herb Vinaigrette
Emeril's Herb Vinaigrette
Herbed Lamb Patties With Creole Ratatouille And Rosemary Jus
Herbed Shallot Sauce
Monster Herbed Veal Chops With Rosemary Potato Crisps And Roasted Shallot Sauce
Unstuffed Pork Chops With Herbed Shallot Sauce
Warm Greens With Emeril's Herb Vinaigrette