- 2 cups raspberries (about 12 ounces), rinsed
- 3/4 cup Simple Syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Bring the raspberries, syrup, and lemon juice to a simmer in a heavy medium saucepan over low heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the berries are very soft, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cornstarch over 2 teaspoons cold water and stir to dissolve. Pour into the simmering raspberry mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Strain through a fine-mesh wire sieve into a medium bowl; discard the seeds. Cool completely, then cover and refrigerate until ready to use. (Freeze any leftover coulis in a plastic container for up to one month.)
Chairman Of The Board Linguine With Clam Sauce And Viva Las Vegas Tomato Sauce
Alligator Sauce Piquante
Asian Dipping Sauce
Barbecue Sauce Base
Blue Cheese Sauce
Celery Root Fries With Creole Remoulade Sauce
Crab Cakes With Poached Eggs And Wild Mushroom Sauce