- 1/4 pound bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- One 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 pound fresh pasta sheets, torn into 3 x 1-inch ìrags,î or fresh fettuccine
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, for serving
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat just until crisp, about 4 minutes. Add the onions and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the onions are deep golden, soft, and slightly caramelized, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes. Bring to a boil, stirring often, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the vodka and cook until the sauce is slightly reduced, about 4 minutes. Stir in the cream and peas. Cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta in the boiling water until just al dente, about 4 minutes. Drain in a colander. Return to the pot.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and mix well. Serve immediately in soup bowls, with the cheese passed on the side.
Kicked Up Pasta Rags With Vodka Sauce
Chairman Of The Board Linguine With Clam Sauce And Viva Las Vegas Tomato Sauce
Vodka And Citrus Cured Salmon
Baked Ziti With Italian Sausage And Fennel
Fettuccine With Bacon And Peas
Pasta With Vodka Sauce And Sausage
Celery Root Fries With Creole Remoulade Sauce
Crab Cakes With Poached Eggs And Wild Mushroom Sauce
Egg Rolls With Hot Mustard Sauce
Kicked Up Chicken Drummettes With Blue Cheese Sauce