- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons bleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup minced yellow onions
- 1 cup corn kernels (from 2 ears corn)
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup Fish Stock or
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Zatarainís Concentrated Crab and Shrimp Boil (optional)
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1/4 cup minced green onions (green part only)
- Heat the oil in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the flour a tablespoon at a time, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until blended. Continue stirring to make a light brown roux, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the onions, corn, shallots, celery, garlic, salt, and cayenne and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions soften, about 4 minutes. Slowly stir in the stock. Add the bay leaves and bring to a boil. Add the milk, cream, and the crab boil, if using. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the crabmeat and green onions and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove and discard the bay leaves.
- Serve hot ladled into bowls.
Creole Corn And Crab Bisque
Corn And Crab Bisque
Louisiana Corn And Crab Bisque
Crab Bisque With Crab Boulettes
Crab Cakes With Poached Eggs And Wild Mushroom Sauce
Crabmeat And Hearts Of Palm Strudels With Corn Remoulade
Crawfish And Corn Cakes
Mini Open Faced Corn Cake And Salmon Salad Sandwiches With Beluga Caviar
Truffled Corn And Wild Mushroom Fettuccine
Shrimp And Corn Bisque