- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 unbaked 10-inch Basic Savory Pie Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and lemon zest. Whisk in the eggs, 1 at a time. Stir in the lemon juice and butter and blend thoroughly.
- Fit the rolled-out dough into a 10-inch pie pan, trimming the edges.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie shell and bake until the top is lightly browned and the center sets, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Slice and serve.