- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 cup Champagne
- 1 pound (4 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into 2-inch cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 cups salted water
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach pappardelle pasta
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds large prawns, shelled and deveined, heads left on if you can get them that way
- 2 tablespoons salmon roe
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Combine the shallots and Champagne in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat and reduce the mixture to a glaze. Add the butter cubes slowly, whisking constantly until they are all melted. The sauce will thicken slightly. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a medium-size sauté pan. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
- Bring the salted water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the pasta and cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain. Toss the pasta in a large mixing bowl with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large ovenproof sauté pan over medium heat. Season the prawns with salt and pepper. Sear them for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Carefully fold the salmon roe into the Champagne sauce. Toss the pasta with the sauce.
- To serve, divide the pasta into equal portions. Twirl into nests and place in the center of dinner plates. Arrange the prawns around the pasta, sprinkle with the cheese and parsley, and serve.
Lobster With A Champagne Butter Sauce, Spinach Parpadelle Noodles And Salmon Roe Caviar
Smothered Oxtails Over Spinach And Sweet Corn Mash
Roasted Ginger Salmon With Ginger Soy Butter Sauce
Puff Pastry Wrapped Salmon And Watercress Mousse With Champagne Chive Butter Sauce
Delmonico's Smoked Salmon And Brie Crepes With Herbsaint Butter Sauce And Crispy Spinach
Pan Seared Shad Roe With A Brown Butter Sauce
Roasted Prawns With Spinach Mashed Potatoes And Red Pepper Sauce
Lobster With Champagne Vanilla Sauce And Wild Mushroom Salad
Crawfish Beignets With Tomato And Corn Tartar Sauce
Vegetable And Goat Cheese Empanada With Roasted Tomatillo Sauce