- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- One 1-ounce piece fresh gingerroot, peeled and minced, plus 1 cup peeled and grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- Juice of 1 orange (about 1/3 cup)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 to 1 cup fine dried bread crumbs, as needed
- 4 salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Essence to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a medium-size nonreactive saucepan over medium heat, combine the soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, gingerroot, garlic, and shallots. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the sauce is dark brown and reduced by half, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the butter cubes, stirring until they have completely melted. Stir in the orange juice. Strain the sauce through a chinoise or fine-mesh sieve and season with salt and pepper. Keep the sauce warm.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the 1 cup grated gingerroot, orange zest, lemon zest, and cilantro and mix well. Add enough bread crumbs to bind the mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season the salmon with Essence. In a large sauté pan with an ovenproof handle, heat the olive oil over high heat. Add the salmon and sear for 2 minutes. Turn over and cover the top side of each fillet with the bread crumb mixture. Place the pan in the oven and roast 14 minutes for medium-rare, 16 minutes for medium, and 18 minutes for well done.
- To serve, spoon a small pool of the sauce in the center of a serving platter and place the salmon in the center of the sauce.
Sweet Water Prawns Over Spinach Pappardelle With A Champagne And Salmon Roe Butter Sauce
Seared Salmon With Gingered Radish Pickle And Soy Mayo On A Roll
Vegetable And Goat Cheese Empanada With Roasted Tomatillo Sauce
Shrimp Spring Rolls With Rice Wine And Soy Dipping Sauce
Crawfish Dumpling With A Ginger Soy Dipping Sauce
Caramelized Salmon With Cilantro Potato Salad
Ginger Soy Butter Sauce
Ginger Soy Butter Sauce
Duck, Andouille, And Scallion Pancakes With Ginger Orange Sauce
Oven Roasted Tomatoes With Mushroom Risotto And Fresh Mozzarella Cheese