- 1 cup Roasted Garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped assorted fresh herbs, such as basil, oregano, and parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large eggplants (about 1 pound each)
- 1 cup cubed French bread
- 1 cup minced yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 quarts Chicken Stock or
- canned chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the roasted garlic, herbs, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and smear the garlic-herb mixture over the flesh of each half. Put the eggplant on a baking sheet and bake until tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- With a spoon, remove the flesh from the eggplant and discard the skin.
- Toss the cubed bread in a small mixing bowl with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until limp, about 5 minutes. Add the eggplant and chopped garlic and continue to cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. In batches in a blender or with a handheld blender, puree the soup until smooth. Stir in the heavy cream, increase the heat to medium, and simmer for 3 minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with the croutons, cheese, and parsley.
Whole Roasted Squabs Stuffed With Eggplant And Bacon Dressing
Roasted Garlic Puree
Roasted Garlic And Eggplant Spread
Oven Roasted Tomatoes With Mushroom Risotto And Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
Vegetable And Goat Cheese Empanada With Roasted Tomatillo Sauce
Lamb Roast Stuffed With Crawfish And Chevre
Pan Roasted Filet Mignon Stuffed With English Stilton And Walnuts
Creamed Potatoes With Spinach And Roasted Garlic
Andouille And Potato Soup