- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium-size pineapple
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chervil leaves
- 1/2 cup minced red onions
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted walnuts
- 1 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat a grill to medium heat.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and rub them with 1/2 tablespoon of the oil. Grill the chicken, turning once, until the juices run clear, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove and cut into 1/2-inch dice.
- With a sharp knife, split the pineapple in half lengthwise, leaving the plume. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each half so that it sits flat for serving. With a small sharp knife, cut the core from the center of the halved pineapple. With a serrated grapefruit knife, cut out the flesh and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Cover the pineapple boats with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Season the pineapple slices with salt and pepper and rub with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Grill the pineapple slices until just lightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Remove and let cool.
- Put 2 slices of the pineapple in a medium-size mixing bowl; dice the rest and combine with the chicken. With the back of a fork, mash the 2 slices against the side of the bowl, add the walnut oil, and stir to blend. Add the chervil and season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into a large salad bowl, add the chicken and pineapple dice, the onions, celery, garlic, and walnuts, and toss to mix thoroughly. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, divide the chicken-pineapple mixture into 2 equal portions and spoon into the pineapple boats. Garnish with the parsley.
Grilled Pineapple And Chicken Salad
Spicy Chicken And Dumplings
Asparagus And Chicken Confit Ragu
Goat Cheese And Leek Cake With Lentil Salad
Tempura Soft Shells With Oriental Salad And Citrus Gastrique
Carpaccio And Artichoke Salad
Haricots Verts And Horseradish Salad
Herb Tossed White Asparagus, Fresh Crabmeat, And Grilled Radicchio Salad
Mixed Grill With Warm Potato And Chorizo Salad
Kalua Pork Sandwich with Kimchee Aioli, Pineapple Asian Slaw and Crispy Onions