- 4 large artichokes, rinsed in cool water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon liquid Zatarain's Concentrated Crab & Shrimp Boil (optional)
- 1 medium-size lemon, halved
- 1 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons Creole Seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- Trim off the stems of the artichokes and the thorny tips of each leaf until the artichokes can stand up on their own. Put them in a deep pot and add enough water to cover. Add the salt, black pepper, bay leaves, and crab boil. Squeeze the lemon halves over the pot and add the lemon shells. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer, covered, until the artichokes are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, 20 to 30 minutes. Drain. Return the artichokes to the pot, cover with ice water, and let cool completely.
- Remove the artichokes from the water and pat dry with paper towels. To remove the chokes, grasp the central core of leaves of each artichoke and, with a quick twist, lift it out. Carefully scoop out the choke with a teaspoon or melon baller and discard it.
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Creole seasoning, olive oil, parsley, garlic, cheese, and lemon juice. Gently fold in the crabmeat. Stuff the center of each artichoke with about 1/4 cup of the crabmeat mixture, pressing it in firmly. Stuff the remaining mixture between the outer leaves of the artichokes.
- Put the artichokes in a large shallow baking dish or on a baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes until warmed through. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
Goat Cheese Stuffed Soft Shell Crabs With A Pecan Pesto Butter Sauce
Warm Pimiento Cheese-stuffed Tomatoes
Braided Bread With Artichokes
Trout Stuffed With Crawfish Dressing
Exotic Mushroom Tarts
Pecan Crusted Rabbit With Wilted Greens And Creole Dressing
Escargots In A Pastry Dome
Grilled Creole Mustard Marinated Quail With Smothered Field Peas And Andouille
Crabmeat With Celery Root Mayonnaise