- 1 pound breakfast sausage, removed from the casings and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 12 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion or scallion (green part only)
- In a large skillet over high heat, cook the sausage and onion, stirring often, until the meat is browned and the onion is lightly golden, about 6 minutes. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Combine the eggs, salt, black pepper, and water in a medium-size mixing bowl and whisk to mix.
- In a medium-size nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Pour half of the egg mixture into the skillet and stir it around with a spatula, then swirl it around until it begins to set, about 3 minutes. Add half of the sausage-and-onion mixture, half the cheese, and half of the green onions, spreading them evenly over the eggs. Cook for 2 minutes. With a spatula, carefully fold the omelette in half and cook for 1 minute more. Carefully slide the omelette onto a serving plate, flipping it over as you do; keep warm.
- Repeat the process with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter and the remaining egg mixture, sausage and onion, cheese, and green onion.
- To serve, cut each omelette in half.
Crawfish And Sausage Jambalaya
Duck And Andouille Sausage Gumbo
Louisiana Oyster And Sausage Bake
Roasted Pork And French Fry Poorboy
Shredded Pork Flautas With Corn And Goat Queso
Ham And Cheese Bites
Spinach And Cheese Quiche
Petits Filets With Blue Cheese Gla«age
Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Mr. Johnís Veal Chops With Smoked Gouda Cheese Macaroni