- FOR THE CREOLE DRESSING:
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Creole or whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- FOR THE TENDERLOINS:
- 1/2 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 5 teaspoons Creole Seasoning
- 8 rabbit tenderloins (about 2 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons Creole or whole-grain mustard
- FOR THE WILTED GREENS AND TO FINISH THE DISH:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cups assorted baby salad greens, such as romaine, frisÈe, red oakleaf, and radicchio, washed and patted dry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Make the dressing. Put the egg, mustard, garlic, salt, and lemon juice in a food processor or blender and process until smooth, about 15 seconds. With the motor running, pour the oil through the feed tube in a slow, steady stream. Cover and chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving. Best if used within 24 hours.
- Make the tenderloins. Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the bread crumbs, pecan pieces, and 1 teaspoon of the Creole seasoning in a food processor or blender and pulse several times to make a fine meal. Transfer the mixture to a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Season the tenderloins on both sides with the remaining 4 teaspoons Creole seasoning. Spread the mustard evenly all over the tenderloins, then dredge them in the pecan meal, coating evenly and pressing the meal gently into the tenderloins. Lay the tenderloins about an inch apart on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cut each tenderloin in half diagonally.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet oven medium heat. Add the greens and toss, then quickly remove from the heat.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the Creole dressing in the center of eight serving plates. Divide the greens into 8 equal portions and lay them in the center of the dressing. Arrange the tenderloins over the greens, sprinkle with the parsley, and serve.
Goat Cheese Stuffed Soft Shell Crabs With A Pecan Pesto Butter Sauce
Three Chocolate Bark With Spiced Pecans And Dried Cherries
Grilled Creole Mustard Marinated Quail With Smothered Field Peas And Andouille
Oysters On The Half Shell With Mignonette Sauce And Caviar
Salt And Herb Crusted Red Snapper
Crawfish And Sausage Jambalaya
Trout Stuffed With Crawfish Dressing
Ham And Cheese Bites