- 4 large artichokes, rinsed well, top third removed, and leaf tips trimmed
- 1/4 cup salt, plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 lemons, cut in 1/2
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese, crumbled
- Grilled Lemon Mayonnaise
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water. Add 1/4 cup of the salt and bring to a boil.? Rub the cut sides and bottoms of the artichokes with the lemon wedges and carefully add them to the boiling water. Weight the artichokes as necessary with a heavy dish or bowl, and simmer, partially covered, until the bottoms are just tender and can be pierced with a sharp knife and an outer leaf pulls out easily, about 15 minutes. Drain the artichokes upside down in a colander until cool enough to handle.
- Cut the artichokes into quarters and discard the prickly purple leaves and hairy choke.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper. Add the artichoke quarters and toss to coat. Let marinate for 2 to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Remove the artichokes from the marinade and grill, turning, until warmed through and lightly charred around the edges, about 5 minutes. Place on a platter and top with the crumbled cheese. Drizzle with the grilled lemon mayonnaise and serve additional mayonnaise on the side for dipping.
Grilled Lemon Mayonnaise
Grilled Lobster Tails With Mashed Jerusalem Artichokes, Sauteed Asparagus, And Lemon Tarragon Butter
Grilled Tomato And Red Bell Pepper Soup With Grilled Pancetta
Grilled Pineapple With Rum Glaze And Coconut Ice Cream
Artichoke, Brie And Crabmeat Omelets With Lemon Creme Fraiche And Caviar
Artichoke, Brie, And Crabmeat Omelets With Lemon Creme Fraiche And Caviar
Salmon, Yukon Gold Potatoes And Artichoke Hearts With Lemon Vinaigrette And Choron Sauce
Grilled Gulf Pompano With Shrimp Lemon Butter Sauce And Lemon Braised Leeks
Emeril's Grilled Tuna Pan Bagnat Sandwich