- SATSUMA ORANGE BUTTER SAUCE:
- 1 cup satsuma juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Zest of 2 satsumas
- 1/4 cup julienned shallots
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- CHIVE OIL:
- 2 bunches fresh chives
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- SATSUMA ORANGE BUTTER SAUCE: In a saucepan combine Satsuma juice, zest, shallots, bay leaf, peppercorns, garlic, thyme, wine and honey and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and allow to cook until liquid has reduced by 75%. Add heavy cream and continue to cook until liquid has reduced by half. Whisk in cold butter little by little, until sauce is smooth and thick and all butter is incorporated. Do not allow sauce to boil. (Keep warm in a bain marie until ready to serve).
- CHIVE OIL: In a small saucepan blanch the chives in boiling water for 10 seconds. Remove from water and place in an ice bath to stop cooking. Pat dry on paper towels.
- In a blender combine the chives with the vegetable oil, and salt and pepper to taste, and mix on high speed. Remove from the blender and pour into a small measuring cup.
- Serve the chive oil at room temperature. (The oil can be made up to 1 day in advance, and should be kept covered in the refrigerator).
- Yield: about 1 cup
- SALMON: Season the salmon lightly on both sides with salt and pepper. In a large skillet heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the salmon to the pan and cook for 4 minutes per side.
- Serve the salmon topped with a light coating of the Satsuma Orange Butter Sauce, and a drizzle of Chive Oil.
- Note: This recipe would also work well grilled.
Salmon With Satsuma Orange Butter Sauce And Chive Oil
Puff Pastry Wrapped Salmon And Watercress Mousse With Champagne Chive Butter Sauce
Blood Orange, Radicchio, Endive And Olive Salad
Sweet Water Prawns Over Spinach Pappardelle With A Champagne And Salmon Roe Butter Sauce
Salmon With Orange Butter Sauce
Fresh Tuna And Butter Lettuce Wraps With Crispy Wonton Threads, Shaved Jalapeno, And Basil Oil
Shrimp And Salmon Mousseline With A Tomato Cream Sauce
Cured Salmon And Caramelized Ruby Red Grapefruit Salad With Blood Orange Gastrique
Pumpkin Gnocchi With A Brown Butter Sauce, Crisped Sage And Shaved Parmegianno-reggiano
Roasted Ginger Salmon With Ginger Soy Butter Sauce