- Duck Confit
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 10 garlic cloves reserved from the confit
- 1 tablespoon Cognac
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fat reserved from the confit
- Combine all of the ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook. Beat at medium speed for about 1 minute, or until everything is well mixed. Or use a food processor, taking care not to puree the mixture or let it turn into a paste. The texture should be like finely chopped meat.
- Use immediately or place in an airtight container, drizzle some of the reserved olive oil over the top, and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.