- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 pound veal sausage links
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 ounces white cheddar, grated (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup quick white grits
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and mushrooms and sauté for about 1 minute. Add the sausage and brown the sausage on all sides for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the milk, green onions, garlic, salt, and cayenne and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. Add the cheese and stir to melt, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the grits and raise the heat to medium. Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes, basting the sausage with the creamy mixture. Continue to cook and stir for 7 to 8 minutes, or until the grits are cooked through and tender.
- Serve immediately.
Crawfish Stuffed Veal Chops With Crawfish Marchand De Vin Sauce And Creamy White Cheddar Cheese Grits
Roasted Quail Stuffed With Veal Over Creamy Goat's Cheese Grits With A Maderia Reduction
Stewed Chicken And Sausage
Boudin With Creamy Grits And Roasted Corn And Spinach Ragu
Veal Grillades And Grits With Smothered Greens
Panfried Catfish With Lemon And Garlic
Quail Stuffed With Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Soft Shell Crabs With Almonds And Brown Butter