- 4 redfish, snapper, or trout fillets (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Green JalapeÒo Sauce or Tabasco JalapeÒo Sauce
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Prepare a grill and light the fire.
- With a sharp knife, make 2 diagonal slits on the skin side of each fillet. Season the fish with the salt and jalapeno sauce. Put the fish in a shallow bowl and cover with the onions. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and drizzle with the oil on the skinless side of the fillets. Place the fillets, skinless side down, on the hot grill. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, then turn the fillets over and cook for 5 to 6 minutes more. Place the onions in wire basket and grill alongside the fish, turning several times to prevent burning.
- Transfer the fish to a warm platter, garnish with the onions, and serve.
Crispy Fried Redfish
Smothered Green Beans And Potatoes
Cornmeal Crusted Redfish With A Spicy Red Bean Sauce, Grilled Green Onions Coulis, Homemade Andouille Sausage And Southern Style Hush Puppies
Chicken And Dumplings
Eggplant And Shrimp Bake
Fillet Steaks And Ratatouille
Panfried Catfish With Lemon And Garlic
Pork Chops And Sweet Potato Gravy
Quail Stuffed With Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Round Steak And Onions