- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 1/2 heaping cup of corn kernels and the milk scraped from 1 ear of corn
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 18 large shrimps, peeled, deveined, and butterflied
- Solid vegetable shortening for deep frying
- Combine the egg, milk, 1 teaspoon of the Essence, and the corn and corn milk in a bowl and whisk for about 1 minute. Add the baking soda, baking powder, cornmeal, flour, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to make a thick batter.
- Season the shrimps with the remaining 1 teaspoon Essence. oll each shrimp in the batter and coat evenly. Heat the shortening to 360?F. Fry about 3 shrimps at a time, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.