- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 4 cups coarsely chopped assorted fresh wild mushrooms, such as shiitakes, chanterelles, porcini, oysters, or lobster mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 12 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 pound (2 cups) lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 2 1/4 cups Green Onion Coulis
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, and butter until thoroughly blended, and press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the onions and the green and red bell peppers and sauté, stirring and shaking the skillet, for 2 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and the salt and pepper, sauté for 1 to 2 minutes, and remove from the heat.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese with the eggs in a large bowl until very thick and frothy, for about 5 minutes. Beat in the cream, Gouda, sautéed vegetables, and crabmeat. Mix until thoroughly incorporated and creamy, for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the filling over the crust in the springform pan and bake until firm, for about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. If you refrigerate the cake, allow it to come to room temperature, for about 1 hour before serving.
- While the cheesecake is cooling, prepare the Green Onion Coulis.
- To serve, cut the cake in wedges with a warm knife and serve each wedge with about 3 tablespoons of the coulis.
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With Green Onion Coulis
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With A Green Onion Coulis
Creole Spiced Blue Crabs With Green Onion Dipping Sauce
Smoked Salmon Cheesecake With Green Onions Coulis
Roasted Garlic Custards With Seared Shrimp And Green Onion Coulis
Oysters On The Half-shell With Mignonette Sauce And Caviar
Cheese Stuffed Soft Shell Crabs With Grilled Tomato Basil Coulis, And Grilled Green Onions
Milk Chocolate Cheesecake
Creole Corn And Crab Bisque
Lump Crab, Mirliton And Macque Choux