- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 boneless chicken breast (about 6 ounces), skin removed, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning
- 4 ounces andouille or kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups Sweet Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried fine white bread crumbs
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a 10-inch sautÈ pan over medium heat. Season the chicken with the Creole seasoning. Add the chicken dice and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add the sausage and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the onions, salt, and cayenne and cook until the onions are very soft, about 5 minutes. Add the water, 1/2 cup of the barbecue sauce, the parsley, and cheese. Simmer for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add the bread crumbs. Mix well. Cool.
- Stack the sheets of phyllo dough on top of each other and cut them into thirds. You will have a total of 12 sheets. Divide the sheets into four 3-sheet stacks. Lightly brush the top sheet of each stack with a teaspoon of vegetable oil. Put 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture on the bottom edge of each oiled sheet. Fold in the ends toward the center about 1/4 inch. Then, beginning at the bottom, roll up the phyllo securely, pressing to close. Lightly brush each strudel with the remaining oil.
- Preheat the oven to 375?F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Place the strudels on the paper about 2 inches apart and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Cut each strudel in half diagonally and top with 1 tablespoon of the remaining barbecue sauce. Serve warm.
Sweet Barbecue Sauce
Shrimp Spring Rolls With Rice Wine And Soy Dipping Sauce
Andouille Crusted Oysters With Spinach Coulis
Crawfish Stuffed Pork Chops With Crawfish Borderlaise Sauce
Chicken And Andouille Pastry Cups With Sweet Barbecue Sauce
Gravlax With Christmas Caviar Sauce
Lobster Cheesecake With Christmas Caviar Sauce
Smoked Salmon Terrine With Christmas Caviar Sauce
Corn Cakes With Caviar And Traditional Garnishes
Rice Wine And Soy Dipping Sauce