- 1 cup dark stock
- 1 tablespoon very thinly sliced ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 pound (12 ounces) flank steak, cut into thin long strips
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil for cooking
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (shiitakes)
- 1/4 cup julienned carrots
- 2 tablespoon thinly sliced green onions
- 2 cups cooked angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- In a medium saucepan, bring the stock, ginger, and garlic to a boil. Reduce for 3 minutes. Mix the cornstarch into the soy sauce. As you stir the stock, pour the cornstarch mixture into the stock. It will begin to thicken. Allow to boil for 1 minute, and remove from the heat. Toss the meat with powdered ginger and salt. Heat the cooking oil in the wok until it is smoking. Add the meat, stirring, and searing it quickly on all sides. Pull the meat up the sides of the wok and add the mushrooms and carrots. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the green onions and toss all together.
- Drop the pasta by the handful into the fryer to create crazy noodles, fry for 45 seconds, remove and place in a bowl. Drizzle with the sesame oil. Place them on a big service platter.
- To the stir-fry, add the sauce and completely coat everything. Taste and adjust. Pour this over the noodles.
Ginger Cake With Ginger Cream
Stir Fried Crabmeat With Cellophane Noodles
Tchoup Chop Chicken Stir Fry With Noodles
Wok Fried Tempura Ahi With Shoyu Mustard Butter Sauce And Tomato Ginger Relish
Steamed Ginger Shrimp Dumplings With Stir Fried Sesame Vegetables
Tipsy Snapper With Ginger Sake Sauce And Fried Arugula
Tempura Chicken Fingers With Plum Sauce And Ginger Stir Fried Vegetables