- 1/2 pound boiling potatoes, cooked skin-on, cooled and peeled
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup flour, plus extra, if needed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups seeded, diced fresh or canned tomatoes and juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Make gnocchi: Cut potatoes into chunks and pass through a food mill or potato ricer onto a lightly floured surface. Make a well in center of potatoes and add yolk to well. Sprinkle one-third of the flour over potatoes and combine potatoes, yolk and flour, mixing with your hands. Add another third of flour, kneading, then remaining flour, until a smooth, slightly sticky dough is formed. Divide dough in 4 pieces and roll each into a 15-inch-long rope, about 3/4-inch in diameter. Using a floured knife, cut each rope into 30 pieces. Dip tines of a dinner fork in flour and gently roll dough several times back and forth to form decorative ridges on one side.
- Make tomato sauce: In a saucepan sweat onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until onions are golden and tender, 10 minutes. Add tomatoes and juice; bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes. Add basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and drop in gnocchi. Cook until they rise to surface, about 2 minutes, and continue cooking 30 seconds more. Drain in a colander. In a large skillet, melt butter, add gnocchi, pour tomato sauce over, and toss to combine. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve immediately.
Potsticker Dumplings With Spicy Dipping Sauce
Andouille Gnocchi With Spicy Tomato Sauce
Gnocchi With Mushroom, Tomato And Herb Ragout
Potato Gnocchi With A Gorgonzola Sauce
Gnocchi With A Garlic Cream Sauce And Balsamic Glazed Pearl Onions
Pumpkin Gnocchi With A Brown Butter Sauce, Crisped Sage And Shaved Parmegianno-reggiano
Baked Goat Cheese Gnocchi
Chairman Of The Board Linguine With Clam Sauce And Viva Las Vegas Tomato Sauce
Quick Tomato Sauce