- 5 large Idaho baking potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 4 Porterhouse steaks, about 12 to 14 ounces each
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the potatoes with 1 tablespoon of the oil and salt. Place on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Cook until fork tender, about 1 hour. Remove and cool. In a saute pan, over medium heat, render the bacon until crispy, about 6 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Peel one potato completely and slice 1/4 of the top off each of the remaining potatoes. Using a spoon, scrape out the flesh of each potato into a mixing bowl. Add the whole peeled potato to the mixing bowl. Using a hand held masher, mash the potatoes until smooth. Add the butter, sour cream, half of the cheese and the chives. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Spoon the potato mixture back into the potato shells. Top the potatoes with the remaining cheese and the bacon. Place back on the baking sheet and bake until the cheese melts, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat the grill.
- Season the steaks with the remaining olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the steaks on the grill and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side for medium rare. Remove from the grill and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven. Serve the steaks with the potatoes.
Basic Pizza Dough
Grilled Fillet Of Beef With Blue Cheese Glacage, With Bacon And Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes And A Drizzle Of Emeril's Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Potato Crusted Gulf Fish With A Grilled Mushroom Relish
Cornmeal Crusted Lemonfish With Grilled Onion And Potato Lyonnaise And Crabmeat Ravigote
Grilled Bratwurst With German Potato Salad
Grilled Argentinian Beef With Chimichurri† Sauce And Fried Potatoes
Grilled Shrimp With Sweet Potato Fritters
Emeril's Grilled Cowboy Steak With Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Fried Oysters And A Drizzle Of Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Baby Ramp And New Potato Soup With Mini Truffled Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Grilled Venison With Braised Red Cabbage And Mashed Potatoes