- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced yellow onions
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups thinly sliced green bell peppers
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 recipe of Basic Pizza Dough
- 12 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes. Add the peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to saute for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add the sausage and render for 4 to 6 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Divide the dough in half and roll into a 14-inch circle, about 1/2-inch thick. Press the dough into 2 greased 12-inch deep-dish pizza pans. Sprinkle each pizza with 6 ounces of the grated cheese. Spoon 1/2 of the onion and pepper mixture over each pizza. Sprinkle 1/2 of the sausage over the onion mixture on each pizza. Spread 1 cup of the tomato sauce over the top of each pizza. Sprinkle each pizza with 1 tablespoon of oregano. Bake the pizzas for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and cut into individual servings.
Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizzas
Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza Dough
Sausage Pizza With Caramelized Onions And Peppers
Sausage And Sweet Pepper Calzones
Classic Chicago Hot Dog
Tequila Marinated Shrimp Pizza With Chorizo, Onions, Bell Peppers, And Cilantro Pesto
Cornmeal Crusted Redfish With A Spicy Red Bean Sauce, Grilled Green Onions Coulis, Homemade Andouille Sausage And Southern Style Hush Puppies
Basic Pizza Dough
Fresh Eggplant And Roasted Red Pepper Panini