- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons seeded and finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons seeded and finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 4 small hearts of palm, cooked until tender and diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons fine dried bread crumbs
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ear of sweet corn, kernels removed from the cob
- 1 cup remoulade sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions, green part only
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, and bell peppers. Season with salt and cayenne. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are soft and slightly golden, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes. In a large mixing bowl, combine the crabmeat, hearts of palm, parsley and bread crumbs. Season with salt and cayenne. Add the cooked vegetables. Mix well.
- Stack the sheets of phyllo on top of each other and cut them into thirds. You will have a total of 12 sheets. Divide the sheets into four 3 sheet stacks. Lightly brush the top sheet of each stack with olive oil. Put 1/4 cup of the crab mixture on the bottom edge of each oiled sheet. Fold in the ends toward the center about 1/4-inch. Then, beginning at the bottom, roll up the phyllo securely, pressing to close. Lightly brush each strudel with the remaining oil.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the strudels on the paper about 2 inches apart and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. In a small sauté pan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the corn. Season with salt and cayenne. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and turn into a mixing bowl. Add the remoulade and mix well. Cut each strudel in half diagonally and serve with sweet corn remoulade. Garnish with green onions.
Crabmeat And Hearts Of Palm Strudels With Corn Remoulade
Hearts Of Palm Strudel With Remoulade Sauce
Hearts Of Palm Strudels With Remoulade Dipping Sauce
Warm Hearts Of Palm And Crabmeat Salad With Avocado Vinaigrette
Peeky Toe Crabmeat And Hearts Of Palm Salad On Mache With Tangerine Vinaigrette
Smoked Buffalo With Melted Fennel, Leeks, And Hearts Of Palm Salad With Florida Orange Vinaigrette
Hearts Of Palm Salad With Vine Ripened Tomatoes, Oranges, Bibb Lettuce, Shaved Fennel, And Fried Soft Shell Crabs With Cucumber Yogurt Dressing
Chilled Stone Crab Claws With A Hearts Of Palm Salad And Honey Tangerine Gastrique
Fresh Asparagus Salad With Lump Crabmeat
Fresh Florida Orange Cake With Toasted Almond Ice Cream And Strawberry Compote