- One-fourth cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- One and one-half tablespoons Jerk Spice Blend
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- One and one-half cups rich chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a baking dish whisk together 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil, the lime juice and one-half tablespoon of the spice blend. Place chicken breast halves in the marinade and turn to coat well on both sides. Let marinate for 20 to 30 minutes, refrigerated, turning mid-way through to ensure even marination.
- While chicken is marinating, make the sauce:Combine the remaining 1 tablespoon jerk spice blend in a saucepan with honey and chicken stock and bring to a boil.Lower heat to a simmer and continue to cook until the liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes.Add heavy cream and return to a simmer, and continue to cook until sauce has thickened and coats the back of a spoon, about 6 minutes.Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.Serve sauce warm over grilled chicken breasts.
- When ready to cook the chicken, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat an ovenproof skillet or sautÈ pan over high heat until pan is very hot.Add the chicken breasts to the pan and sear for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for 5 to 7 minutes longer, until juices run clear and chicken breasts are cooked through. Serve immediately with Jerk Sauce alongside hot white rice.
- Note: This is SPICY!
Seared Duck Breasts With A Citrus Tea Sauce
Jerk Spice Blend
Chicken With Peach Champagne Sauce
Bob Marley's Reggae: Jerk Marinated Chicken† Breast Skewers, Chargrilled And Served With Creamy Cucumber Dipping Sauce And Yuca Fries
Thyme Roasted Chicken Breast With Morel Madeira Gravy
Chicken Breasts With Vella Cheeses
Baked Fish With Lemon And Laurel Leaves
Seared Chile Marinated Breast Of Chicken With Mole Cream Sauce And Tamarind Glaze
Jerk Chicken Skewers
Italian Chicken Ribbons With Plum Jam Dipping Sauce