- 1 egg
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon Creole Mustard or whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Pernod
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 24 large shucked oysters
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups assorted greens (arugula, frisee, radicchio, watercress and spinach)
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the egg, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, green onions, 1/4 cup of the cheese, butter milk, and Pernod. Pulse until smooth. Season the mixture with the Worcestershire sauce, salt and black pepper. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil and mix until the mixture is thick. Reseason if necessary. Refrigerate the dressing until well chilled, about 1 hour.
- Season the oysters with Essence. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and cornmeal together. Season the flours with Essence. In a large skillet heat the vegetable oil.
- Dredge the oysters in the seasoned flour, coating each side completely. Shake off the excess flour and carefully lay in the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Remove the oysters from the oil and drain on a paper-lined plate. Season the oysters with Essence. Set aside and keep warm.
- Toss the greens with the dressing. Season the greens with salt and pepper. Mound the greens in the center of each plate. Arrange the oysters around the greens. Sprinkle the top of each salad with the remaining cheese.
Greens And Fried Oysters With Pernod Buttermilk Dressing
Buttermilk Marinated Fried Chicken Salad With Buttermilk Parmesan Dressing
Fried Oyster Salad With Buttermilk Dressing And Corn Jalapeno Relish
Emeril's Taco Salad With A Roasted Poblano Buttermilk Dressing
Spinach And Mandarin Orange Salad With Buttermilk Herb Dressing
Smoked Eel, Smoked Sturgeon, And Choupique Caviar Salad With Dilled Buttermilk Dressing
Warm Grilled Potato And Fennel Salad With Herbed Buttermilk Dressing
Crawfish And Roasted Sweet Potato Salad With Fried Okra And Buttermilk Dressing
Poached Oysters In Pernod Cream And Fried Spinach
Hearts Of Palm Salad With Vine Ripened Tomatoes, Oranges, Bibb Lettuce, Shaved Fennel, And Fried Soft Shell Crabs With Cucumber Yogurt Dressing